1, State: Theories of origin of State. Rights and Duties, Law, Liberty and Equality. Nation & Nationality
– Forms of Government Press – Pressure Groups and parties
2. Ideologies: Utilitarianism – Individualism – Idealism. Theories of Socialism – Gandhian philosophy
3. Theories of Decision making – Behaviouralism – System Theory, Elite Theory – Structural functional
decision-making and Game Theory.
4. Nature of Indian Constitution – Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of state policy legislature –
Executive and Judiciary – Judicial Review – Centre-State relations – Problems of National
5. United Nations and Collective Security – Concept of power in International Relations – Balance of
Power, Cold-wars détente. Arms Control and Disarmament.
6. Problems of Third World. New Colonialism – Non-alignment India’s role in world