1. Harappan Civilisation — Extent, major cities, Characterstic features, social and economic conditions, script, religious paractices, causes for the decline.
2. Vedic Age: Importance of Vedic literature, political, social and economic conditions in the early and later vedic age.
3. India in the 6th Century B.C.: Social and economic conditions, Rise and spread of jainism and
4. Mauryan Age: political history of the Mauryans, Ashoka, Mauryan Administration, Social and
economic conditions, decline of the Mauryan empire.
5. The Sathavahanas: political history, administration, contribution to the culture.
6. Gupta period: Political history, administration, social and economic conditions, growth of culture, decline of the empire.
7. India in the 7th Century A.D.: Harsha vardhana, Pallavas and Chalukyas, their political history and their contribution to culture.
8. India between 650 and 1200 A.D. — political, Social and economic conditions, Chola administration
and culture, Sankaracharya.
9. Age of the Delhi Sultanate: (1206-1526), Military and Administrative organisation. Changes in
Society and economy, Bhakthi movement.
10. The Vijayanagar Empire: Origin, History, Krishnadevaraya, Social and economic conditions, growth
of culture, decline.
11. Mughal Age (1556-1707): political history, Akbar, Administration, Social and Economic conditions,
culture, decline of the Mauryan empire Maharattas and Shivaji.
Modern India (1757-1947):
12. Historical forces and factors which led to the establishment of the British power in India -Early resistance to the British power in India – Hyder Ali, Tippu Sultan, causes for their failure.
13. Evolution of British paramountcy in India: Policies of Wellesley and Dalhousie.
14. Socio-religious reform movements Rajaram Mohan Roy, Dayananda Saraswathi and others.
15. Revolt of 1857: Causes, results, significance.
16. Rise and growth of the Indian National Movement: Birth of the Indian National Congress, the
national movement from 1885 to 1905; movement from 1905 to 1920. Role of Tilak and Annie
Besant; The movement from 1920 to 1947; Emergence of Gandhi; Non-cooperation movement, Salt Satyagraha and the Quit India Movement.
Freedom movement in Andhra Pradesh with special reference to the role ofAlluri Sitharama Raju and Tanguturi Prakasam, Revolt against the Nizam’s rule in Telengana.
17. Industrial Revolution – Significance and results.
18. American war of Independence courses, significance and results.
19. French Revolution – Courses, significance and effects.
20. National Liberation movements in Italy and Germany in the 19th Century – Mazzini, Cavour, Garivildi, Bismark.
21. I World War – Causes and effects.
22. The Russian Revolution of 1917 – Causes, importance and results.
23. The World between the two world wars – Nazisms in Germany, Fascism in Italy. Turkey under Mustafa Kamal Pasha
24. Developments in China 1911-1949 – Nationalist Revolution of 1911 – Communist Revolution of 1948
25. II World War — Causes and effects.