Emergence of Regional Kingdoms – Kakathiyas
Gurukula Study Material – Kakathiyas
- 1st Telugu peotic story – Srimadaandhra Mahaabhaaratham.
- Poet trio who wrote Mahaabhaaratha in Telugu – Nannaya, Tikkana, Errapreggada.
- They translated it between 1000A.D. – 1400A.D.
- Official language of Kakathiyas – Telugu.
|Andhra Mahaabhaaratham||Nannaya, Thikkana, Errana|
|Prathaparudhra Yasho Bhooshanam||Vidhyanadhudu|
|Palnaati Veera Charithra||Srinadha in 1350 A.D.|
- What was the title Kakathiyas got due to their patronage to Telugu language – Andhra Rajas.
- The rigions Kakathiyas ruled – Kostha, Telangana, Rayalaseema.
- Important Kakathiya kings –
- Prolaraja -2 ( 1116 A.D. – 1157 A.D.)
- Rudradeva – 2 (1158 A.D. – 1195 A.D.)
- Ganapatideva –( 1199 A.D. – 1262 A.D.)
- Rudramadevi – 1262 A.D. – 1289 A.D.
- Prathaparudhra – 1289 A.D. – 1323 A.D.
- Whom Kakathiyas served as soldiers and feudatories – Rashtrakuta and Chalukyas.
- Rashtrakutas ruled Karnataka.
- First important position Kakathiyas held – Village head.
Rattadi = Village Head. The word Reddy emerged from Rattarikikam = Rattadi = Reddy.
- 1st place in Kakathiya won by Kakathiyas – Anumakonda / Hanumakonda.
- After the collapse of which dynasty Kakathiyas proclaimed independence – Western Chalukyas.
- Which Kakathiya king shifted Kakathiyas’ capital from Anumakonda / Hanumakonda to Orugallu – Rudradeva.
- Who constructed Orugallu – Rudradeva.
- 1000 Pillars temple was constructed by – Rudradeva.
- The temple constructed in Orugallu fort – Swayambhu Shivaalayam.
- The capital of Rudramadevi – Orugallu. Rudramadevi ruled for – 27 Years.
- Title of Rudrama Devi – Rudradeva Maharaaja.
- Battle of Chandupatla – In a bid to suppress the revolt of Kayastha Ambadeva, Rudrama Devi fought with him at Chandupatla.
- Rudrama Devi died in which battle ? – Battle of Chandupatla.
- Chandupatla is located in —— district. – Nalgonda.
- The traveler who visited Kakathiya dynasty during Rudramadevi –
- Nayankara system can be seen during the reign of – Kakathiyas.
- The Nayankara who boasted of having served as the gate keeper of Kakathiya Rudradeva – Bollinayaka.
- The woman who ruled Delhi – Razia Sultana.
- Muppamamba, and Mailammabelong to – Kakathiya dynasty and they also made some land donations.
- Motupalli inscription was issued by Ganapathideva. (Motupalli Abhaya Varthaka Shasanam).
- Which Kakathiya ruler provided security to the traders who undertook international trade – Ganapathideva
- Who put an end to Kakathiya dynasty? – Mohammad Bin Tughluq.
- Kakathiya dynasty was ended in the year 1323 A.D.
- The last ruler in the Kakathiya dynasty – Prathaparudhra.
- Hero of the story ‘Palnaati Veeracharithra’ – Balachandrudu.
- Palnaati Veeracharithra condemned ‘Caste Discrimination’.
- The dynasties emerged after Kakathiya dynasty – Bahamani Empire and Vijayanagara Empire.
Gurukula Study Material HIstory – Home Page
Gurukula Study Material all subjects – Home Page.