Gurukula Teachers Study Material Indian History Mughal Empire
Important Mughal Rulers –
|1. Babur – 1526-1530||Jahangir 1605-1627|
|2. Humayun 1530-1556 (Not total period)||Shahjahan 1627-1658|
|Akbar – 1556-1605||Aurangazeb 1658-1707|
- Mughal empire was established by – Babur.
- Mughals came from – Ujbekistan, Mangolia.
- In which year Babur conquered Kabul? – 1504.
- In which year Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodi? – 1526.
- Last ruler in Lodi dynasty – Ibrahim Lodi.
- Who introduced guns and cannons in warfare in India – Babur.
- After getting defeated by Shersha, Humayun fled to Iran and took shelter with Shah Tahmasp of Safavid dynasty. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- In which year Humayun regained Delhi? – 1555.
- Which Mughal emperor came to throne at tender age? – Akabar, when he was hardly 13 years.
- The Mughal emperor who was imprisoned in Agra jail by his sons – Shahjahan.
- The Mughal emperor who conquered Assam – Aurangazeb.
- In the year 1685 Aurangazeb occupied Bijapur.
- In the year 1687 Aurangazeb occupied Golconda.
- With which Indian rulers Mughals maintained friendly relations? Rajputs.
- The Rajupt clan, which rejected the suzerainty of Mughals, – Sisodias of Chithod.
- Jahangir’s mother belongs to which Rajput family? – Ambar (Present day Jaipur).
- Shahjahan’s mother belongs to which Rajput family? – Jodhpur.
- The mughal administrative systems which resembles Vijayanagara kings’ Nayankara system – Jagirdari system.
- Who introduced the system of transferring Government officers from one place to another – Mughals.
- Main source of revenue for Mugahals – Land Revenue.
- Finance minister of Akbar – Raja Thodarmal.
- The revenue system introduced by Thodarmal – Jabth system.
- The places where Jabth system was not implemented – Bengal and Gujarath.
- Akbar’s close friend and a poet laureate – Abul Fazl.
- Akbarnamah was written by – Abul Fazl.
- The building where Akbar held various religious discussions – Ibadathkhana.
- Akbar’s religion is based on the principle – Sul-i-kul (means World peace.) (Also known as ‘Wahadat ul wazood’). Name of the religion introduced by Akbar – Din-i-Ilahi.
- The kingdoms emerged on the ruins of Mughal Empire – Awadh and Hyderabad.
- The person who revolted against the Mughal suzerainty in Telangana – Sardar Sarvai Papanna.
- Sardar Sarvai Papanna belongs to which Telangana district? – Warangal.
- The period Sardar Sarvai Papanna held his sway over Telangana region – Between 1687-1724.
- Capital of Sardar Sarvai Papanna – Khila Shapur in Warangal, Telangana.
- Papanna ruled for – 30 years.
- The places ruled by Papanna –
|Bhuvanagiri and Kolanpaka||Once in Nalgonda (Present in Yadadri Bhuvanagiri Dist.)|
|Thatikonda and Cheryala||Warangal|
|Husnabad and Huzurabad||Kareemnagar|
- 1st fort built by Sardar Sarvai Papanna – Fort Sarvaipet.
- All the forts built by Sardar Sarvai Papanna – Khilashapur, Thatikonda and Vemulakonda.
- Where Sardar Sarvai Papanna built a check dam? – Thatikonda.
- The warfare tactic, implemented by Sardar Sarvai Papanna. – Guerilla.
(Shivaji also used same tactic).
- The Mughal officers sent by Aurangazeb to suppress Sardar Sarvai Papanna –
- Rusthum dil Khan 2. Khasim Khan.
- The Mughal officer who killed Papanna – Khasim Khan.
- Very close friend of Sardar Sarvai Papanna – Sarvanna.
- Aurangazeb expired in the year – 1707A.D.
- Sardar Sarvai Papanna occupied fort Warangal – 1st April 1708.
- Sardar Sarvai Papanna occupied for Golconda – 1708.