- Another name for Vijayanagara Empire – Karnataka Dynasty.
- Vijayanagaram means – City of victories.
- Vijayanagara is located – In Karnataka. On the shores of river Thungabhadra.
- The founders of Vijayanagara Empire – Harihara raya and Bukka Raya.
- Vijayanagara Empire was established in 1336 A.D.
- With whose blessings Vijayanagara Empire was established? – Sage Vidyaranya.
- The God worshipped by Vijayanagara kings – Viroopaaksha.
- For how many years Vijayanagara kings ruled? – 250 Years.
- How many dynasties ruled Vijayanagara Empire? – Four dynasties.
- Sangama 2. Saluva 3. Thulu 4. Araveeti.
- Srikrishna devaraya belongs to which dynasty – Thulu.
- The Empire flourished north to Thungabhadra was – Bahamani Empire.
- Capital of Bahamani kings – Gulbarga.
- In which year Bahamani empire was fragmented into 5 small kingdoms – Between 1459 A.D. – 1520 A.D.
- Important Vijayanagara rulers –
|1. Harihara Raya 1336-1357||6. Krishnadevaraya 1509-1529|
|2. Bukkaraya – I 1357-1377||7. Achyutha Raya 1529- 1542|
|3. Harihara Raya – 2 (1377-1404)||8. Aliya Ramaraya 1543 – 1565|
|4. Devaraya -2 (1426-1446)||9. Venkatapathi Raya 1585 – 1614|
|5. Saluva Narasimha Raya (1486-1491)|
- 1st foreign traveler to visit Vijayanagara kingdoms – Itaian Traveler Nikolo Konti in the year 1420.
- The Person merchant who visited Vijayanagara empire was – Abdul Razak in 1443 A.D., during the reign of Devaraya – 2.
- The Portugese traveler who visited Vijayanagara empire – Domingo Paes in 1520, during the reign of Srikrishnadevaraya.
- During whose reign Nuniz, a foreign traveler visited Vijayanagara Kingdoms? – During Achyuthadevaraya reign in 1537.
- Which Vijayanagara king installed his wives statues in Tirumala temple? – Krishnadevaraya.
- The foreign traveler who praised the glory of Vijayanagara temple? – Abdul Razak.
- Vijayanagara Empire is divided into how many parts? – 4 Parts.
- Temples on hills 2. Agriculture lands and irrigation canals.
- Forts and Palaces 4. Living place of common people.
- The Vijayanagara king who appointed Muslim warriors in army – Devaraya –II.
- The Vijayanagara king who appointed Portuguese battalion in his army – Krishnadevaraya.
- The Vijayanagara emperor who constructed mosques for muslims – Devaraya – II
- The Vijayanagara king who added guns and cannon to his artillery – Devaraya – II.
- Head of Iqta during Delhi sultanate period – Amir.
- Powerful Nayaka during Vijayanagara period – Saluva Narasimha / Narasa Nayaka.
- The foreigners who constructed ports on west coast during Vijayanagara period – Portuguese.
- Gajapathi kings ruled Orissa / Odisha region.
- 25. Amaram – Tax collecting rights in a particular place during Vijayanagara period was called Amaram.
- Rayagopuram was built in hounour of which Vijayanagara ruler? – Krishnadevaraya.
- Amukthamalyada was written by – Krishnadevaraya.
- Amukthamalyada gives details about the life of which poetess? – Tamil poetess Andal.
- Ashtadiggajas were in the court of Krishnadevaraya.
|Allasaani Peddana||Dhoorjati||Tenali Ramakrishna||Mukku Thimmana|
|Pingali Surana||Raamaraaja Bhooshana||Maadayagaari Mallanna||Ayyalaraju Rambhadrudu|
- Navaratnas were in the court of Devaraya –II.
- The battle took place between Aliya Ramaraya X Bahamani sultans – Battle of Rakkasi Thangadi / Battle of Thallikota.
- The rulers who came to throne after Aliya Ramaraya ruled from – Chandragiri.
- Golconda Qutb Shahis ruled from 1512 – 1687.
- The powerful kingdoms emerged after the downfall of Kakathiya kingdom – Rachakonda and Devarakonda Velama Kings.
- In 1512 A.D. who established Golconda kingdom – Quli Qutb shah.
- The forts occupied by Quli Qutb Shah – Warangal, Kondapalli, Elur, R rajahmundry.
- Qutb Shahi Sultans
|1. Quli Qutb shah (1512-1543)||5. Mohammad Qutb Shah (1612-1626)|
|2. Jamsheed Quli (1543-1550)||6. Abdullah Qutb Shah (1626-1672)|
|3. Ibrahim Qutb Shah (1550-1580)||7. Abul Hasan Tanisha (1672-1687)|
|4. Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah (1580-1612)|
- The Qutb Shahi sultan who offered patronage to Telugu literature – Ibrahim Qutb Shah.
- Singaraacharya, Addanki Gangadhara, Kandukoori Rudrakavi, Ponnaganti Telaganaachaarya were in the court of – Ibrahim Qutb Shah.
- Capital of Qutb Shahi Sultans – Golconda.
- Great builder among Qutb Shahi Sultans – Ibrahim Qutb Shah.
- Hussain Sagar was constructed by – Ibrahim Qutb Shah.
- The designer of Hussain Sagar – Sufi Sant Hazrat Hussain Shah Vali.
- Purana pul, the bridge was constructed by – Ibrahim Qutb Shah.
- Purana pul was constructed on the river Musi.
- The city Hyderabad and the monument Charminar were constructed by Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah.
- Designer of Hyderabad city – Mir Momin Astarabadi.
- Designer of Charminar – Mir Momin Astarabadi.
- Mecca Masjid and Jami Masjid in Hyderabad were built by – Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah.
- Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah brought soil from Mecca and made brick from it and used them for the construction of Mecca masjid.
- Mecca Masjid consists of which Islamic preacher’s relics? – Prophet Mohammad.
- The Qutb Shahi Sultan who is well versed in both Persian and Urdu literature – Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah.
- The original name of ‘Masab Tank’ – Ma Saheb Tank.
- Hyat Bakshi masjid which is located in Hayath Nagar was constructed by – Hyath Bakshi Begum.
- Who was called as ‘Ma Saheb’? – Hyath Bakshi Begum.
- Hyath Bakshi Begum was the daughter of – Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah.
- Kshethrayya was honoured by which Qutb Shahi Sultan? – Abdullah Qutb Shah.
- The last ruler among Qutb Shahi rulers – Abul Hasan Tanisha.
- Original name of Ramadasu – Kancharla Gopanna.
- Who appointed Kancherla Gopanna as the Tahesildar of Palvancha? – Abul Hasan Tanisha.
- Principal port during Qutb Shahi period – Machilipatnam.
- Qutb Shahi’s 7 tombs are located in – Ibrahim Bagh.
- Whose tombs are inspiration for Tajmahal? – Qutb Shahis.
- The architectural style of Qutb Shahi’s tombs – Indo-Persian style.
- Golconda was occupied by which Mughal Emperor? – Aurangazeb.
- In which year Golconda was occupied by Aurangazeb? – 1687.