Social and Economic History of Modern India
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
M.A. (HISTORY) III-SEMESTER REGULAR EXAMINATIONS, MAR-2023 SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC HISTORY OF MODERN INDIA: 1707-1947 CE
Time: 3 Hours]
[Max. Marks: 70 Note: Answer all questions from Section-A and Section-B
Answer the following questions in not more than ONE page each:
2. Guru Govindsingh 3. Savitribhai Phule
Answer the following questions in not more than FOUR pages cach: 6. a) What are the Sources to discuss the Socio-economic History of Modern India?
(OR) b) What kind of changes happened in the Political History of Modern India?
7. a) Write an essay on Religious Movements in the 19th Century in India. (OR)
b) Analyse the Reformation Movement among the Muslims?
8. a) Estimate the role of Eshwarchandra Vidyasagar in the Emancipation of Women.
b) Explain the efforts of Kandukuri Veeresalingam for Women's Empowerment?
9. a) Describe the impact of British Policies on the Agrarian Economy. (OR) b) Give an account of Famines and Famine Policies in British India?
10. a) State the growth of Mo Industries in British India. (OR) b) Discuss the rise of the Working-Class Movement in Modern India?